/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

Benefit Brow Bar

Sunday, September 21, 2014
Let's go back to the beginning, I've had a hate and love relationship with my eyebrows. Borrowing taking my Mum's tweezers and hacking my eyebrows at age 14. Girls, don't do this, as tempting as those tweezers are, do your research (youtube videos) because unless you have caterpillar eyebrows (thanks dad), it's going to be hard to even those brows out. If you're not comfortable with shaping your own eyebrows, go to a professional, now it's very popular and affordable.

A few weeks ago I nervously visited the Benefit counter, after walking around in circles I decided to go in and finally get my brows sorted.


I've heard a few things about Benefit's brow bar so I knew I would be in capable hands. Benefit uses wax, so I had to sign a bit of paperwork to make sure I wasn't allergic.

The lady was very professional, first using the wax to get rid of the stray hairs and using individual sticks each time (the beauty therapist should never double dip in the wax!) After the wax, came the tweezing to even out my brows. Paying up and taking awkward selfies to compare, I was pretty pleased with the results.

Overall, the experience was very good, evening out could of been done better but my brows looked a lot better. 


Before (left) After (right)


However, if you're getting your brows shaped for the first time, I would recommend Benefit or a local beauty shop (check the reviews). Threading is also a good alternative if you're worried about being allergic to wax. Now it's almost time to visit Benefit again.... (the caterpillars are back already).



2 comments :

  1. Your brows do make a difference in the second picture - you look more effortlessly groomed. It's funny how much a difference brows make.
    Ting x

    www.thetingthing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! I know, I can't believe I put it off for so long too x

      Delete