/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

Minimalistic May

Wednesday, May 11, 2016
 

There's nothing quite as timeless as the little black dress, this one is a staple in my wardrobe. 

Minimalistic May, hands up who even knew this was a thing? I heard about it on twitter a few weeks ago and even though I've been downsizing slowly, I thought I would mention this again. Honestly though, everyone has their own approach to a minimalistic lifestyle, I talked about it here last month. I pledged to stop hoarding and banned myself from buying clothes. So far it's been going great, I even resisted temptation when I went shopping last week and nothing has really caught my eye.

Aims for May:
- Clean out the wardrobe- I really need to Marie Kondo the hell out of my wardrobe. The cleaning goddess would not be happy at the state of my wardrobe. Hope this cuts my 10 minutes of deciding what to wear conundrum each morning.
- Plan a capsule wardrobe- I'm aiming to keep roughly 40 items in my wardrobe and build a capsule wardrobe so let's see how it goes!
- Recycle, recycle, recycle- Anything I'm not using should be donated, there's no point keeping things I don't need.
- Wipe down everything- Keeping things clean in my eyes is another form of minimalism, nothing like a clean slate to please the mind.
- Meditation- Aside from the things around me, I also need to tidy up my mind! As a daily vivid dreamer, my brain is constantly on, I need to turn it off and empty it out at night.

For me minimalism is the way forward, simple is good. Are you keen to adopt the less is more strategy or do you prefer having more things?

No comments :

Post a Comment