/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

Life in your Twenties.

Saturday, June 13, 2015
Basically in the words of Miss Taylor Swift, I'm happy, free, confused and lonely all the same time. Being in my twenties has never been what I had imagined, I kind of glossed over what my twenties would be like but mostly thought about my life after 30 (settled, in a job I loved, maybe married/ have children)



I can tell you now, your twenties is a confusing time, this is the time where you are the most financially free in the sense you don't really have anything tying you down, you have no kids, you can manage your own time, no real commitments but at the same time you have to figure things out.

Things I've learnt so far:

> You'll have panics and crisis of 'what am I doing with my life' 'what do I want to do' all the time, to the point where your friends have to remind you how young you are and you still have time

> If you're in a relationship, you might be settled in it but work your hardest to make yourself and your partner happy too, it's a two way street after all

> If you're single- dating sucks, you'll find it difficult to meet new people, and leave you thinking with 'where did all those choices from university go?!'

> You actually have to start balancing your finances, saving some money for the future, putting some away for a rainy day in case your washing machine, phone and laptop all break at the same time (it could happen)

> You look at settled families and wonder to yourself, how did they do it? How can they raise a kid, work 40 hours a week and balance it all.

> Exercise is a thing, your metabolism will start to slow down and you might have to cut back on that extra slice of cake you usually get

> You start to re-evaluate your goals and delay your previous 'milestones' pushing back job goals, owning property, whatever it is.

> You want to have fun but at the same time be taken seriously, especially at work. 

> You start to love your parents and appreciate how hard they worked to support you, show them some love if you haven't realised this already.

After it all, you remember, life is about the journey not the destination, so take a deep breath, calm down and everything will work itself out. I'm just taking this one step at a time and so should you.

-Sophia x

No comments :

Post a Comment