/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

For the girl who doesn't want to commit

Saturday, March 28, 2015
These are a series of my "for the girl" posts, I wrote one recently on fighting fear.

  We all do this now, we are the generation with no fixed plans, not committing, keeping our options open for other opportunities. Always the 'I'll let you know' versus the 'sure I can do that', we've grown to not commit. Committing equals less freedom in our eyes. When it comes to dating, it's exactly the same, the I'll see how it goes option rather than purely admitting hey, I like you, let's go out. It's a matter of choice, we have so many other things to choose from. Open up your apps like Instagram and the options are unlimited with food choices, clothing. Hell, even choosing a handbag can take me months.

We think the grass is greener on the other side.

I've always feared commitment, once it took me three months to adjust to the idea of signing a phone contract for a fixed period. Why do I do this to myself? What do I fear most about commitment? Do I really need all those other options, or am I just afraid to be fully content with one thing?

Dear me, learn to commit, I'm extremely proud at times, pride is the worst part of me, I don't like to admit defeat or fully stick with my decision in case it goes wrong, but life is about commitment- it's finishing the job and knowing that what you've chosen to do is good. It can only mean good things, honestly. 

At the end of the day, I know deep down we can only really choose one thing, commit to it and let yourself be happy, commitment shouldn't be weakening yourself, it should be a statement saying "my decision is final, and I'm proud of it" then you know you've made the right choice.

No comments :

Post a Comment