/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

The blind pursuit of happiness

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Ever since I was a little bright eyed thing, one of my goals was 'to be happy.' These last few years I've been chasing happiness like it's something to earn, something to win and achieve. In fact, is it really that? I was reminded that happiness is a complete state of mind. Also note that it's an emotion, and as human beings we feel many emotions all at once, it's what makes us unique, right? Therefore, trying to just achieve ultimate happiness is just...impossible. Not that as a person you shouldn't be happy, but you should also experience the other emotions and appreciate the times when you do feel fulfilled.

I can clarify though, that I do have my happy moments, but they are accompanied with sadness, frustration and many other things that we do and should feel. I'm happy with the choices that I've made and feel content at times too. Yes, I've definitely learned to savour the moments that make me truly happy too- I like to flick back and think of them on my down days.

We are in charge of our own happiness.

We should also ask ourselves this though, is what we're currently doing making ourselves happy? It doesn't necessarily have to 100% be but it should definitely be in the factor of consideration. Let's not waste any more time on things that don't make us a little bit happy.


No comments :

Post a Comment