/* End of Popular posts CSS ------------------------------*/ -->

Embracing Change

Wednesday, July 15, 2015
“You're always you, and that don't change, and you're always changing, and there's nothing you can do about it.”
Neil Gaiman 

I think back to stubborn 15 year old Sophia with her doey eyes and straight line way of thinking, she had a real plan of what she wanted to do and would freak out if things didn't go accordingly. That girl was definitely not a fan of change. However, I don't know how and I don't know when, I started to shed that side of me, I embraced change and took it whenever it came my way.

I have always been a planner, I probably will always be one, however, the one thing that has changed is my ability to let go of the plan, because honestly sometimes life happens. Life literally shits on your big plan, you think you have it all mapped out to the T, but it doesn't work like that. Things change, situations change and people change, most importantly you also change. I really did hate it when a plan fell through or if something didn't look like it was the way I'd hoped it would go. But, I can tell you now, I've learnt to let go of these things, some things you really cannot plan as much as you want to hold on to that part, maybe it's so you feel like you're in control. Honestly though, you're not really in control, therefore don't fret and fuss over the things you can't change, but focus on the ones that you can.


Learn to adapt, accept that change is inevitable and plans are just ghost plans- they could or could not happen really. As someone once put it so kindly, life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

No comments :

Post a Comment